Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AJAX: Which toolkit/Framework? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olavxxx

Programmer
Sep 21, 2004
NO
Hi,
Does anyone have any AJAX toolkits/frameworks they would recommend me?

Functionality I want to implement with Ajax:
* Drag / Drop
* Upload
And other fancy things.. I think mainly data will have pictures as an important part and it should work for "dumb" users, so I want to make soring of images just to drag them, deleting of images, editing text, etc. all without knowing what html is.

php/mysql or asp.net will be backend. I think it will be PHP.

Olav Alexander Mjelde
Admin & Webmaster

Check out Prototype and Dojo for starters. I favour the latter for many reasons, including that has built-in support for Scriptaculous effects.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

I quite like the prototype framework. I've been using a little at work recently, and it's good... easy... reliable. Prototype is required for scriptaculous - and both are included in Ruby (should you be interested).

Still... as an AJAX library alone, prototype is nice. Check out Firebug Firefox extension at the same time... it allows you to easily watch the AJAX responses etc in the console.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back