Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AJAX panel with form, IE issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

spperl

Programmer
Mar 29, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have run into a problem on IE when trying to dynamically load a form into a panel. Here is the problem I have:

On page load I have a js function that loads an info panel via a jquery / AJAX request (e.g. 'panel1') to the web server.

Contents within 'panel1' should load and on selection of a radio button within 'panel1' a jquery / AJAX request is sent to the server to popuate 'panel2'

Code:
<div id="panel1">
</div>

<div id="panel2">
</div>

I have a javascript include file pre-loaded and click handlers on the relevant radio buttons (q: do I need to include the relevant js in each panel??)

I assume this is a common IE problem and if so doees anyone have any pointers on what to do to fix this type of problem on IE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
<form>
	<input type="radio" name="panel1button" id="r1" value="val1" /> Val1
	<input type="radio" name="panel1button" id="r2" value="val2" /> Val2
</form>

I have a javascript include file pre-loaded and click handlers on the relevant radio buttons (q: do I need to include the relevant js in each panel??)

I assume this is a common IE problem and if so doees anyone have any pointers on what to do to make IE work

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't quite underand what the problem is.

For Ajax issues I would suggest the forum1600.

As far as including the js into the panels the answer would be no. You are just going to overwrite it with the new contents, and seeing as they are divs that exist physically within the page any code in it can happily manipulate their contents.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

And just so everyone else knows and understands the problem, the thread on the Ajax forum is:
Thread1600-1681596

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back