Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ajax Error when accessing site through SSL VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
GB
Hi,

I've got an issue with an internal company website that when run while connected to our company network directly is running as expected. Superb.

We have several users that aren't able to access the network directly, so they connect through an SSL VPN and that works fine for all of the sites except the one I'm looking at.

When trying to run this particular site, the default page loads, but has errors on it (ajax client side framework failed to load, and two sys is undefined errors). The content loads up, but no CSS is applied or AJAX controls load (understandably).

I've been hunting around the web and found several ideas from people ranging from repairing the Framework 3.5 install to checking the web config contains particular lines relating to AJAX control toolkit (amongst others), checked that axd files are correctly added in IIS and also that the scriptmanager is located directly under the form tag in the master page.

Everything looks as expected from the examples I've seen, and I'm getting to the point of tearing my hair out with this.

Further information, erm, it's running on IIS 4, anything else just ask.

I can't link to the site as it's got some fairly sensitive data on it and you need windows authenticated login.

Any ideas?

Andy
---------------------------------
Zebracorn: 50% Zebra, 50% Unicorn = 100% Real.

I meant to type we're using IIS 6.0, no idea why I typed 4...

Andy
---------------------------------
Zebracorn: 50% Zebra, 50% Unicorn = 100% Real.

I'm wondering if the files are not loaded because of authentication issues. although the page shouldn't load at all if that was the case. the fact that it's only happening with VPN clients leads me to believe the problem is either in the VPN or on the client, not the server.

do all users access the website via SSL/HTTPS? Or does this only apply to VPN users. it may be you have a reference specifically to an HTTP resource and the client cannot download it from HTTPS.

Jason Meckley
Senior Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back