Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ajax delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicasa

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
ES
Hi there,

I am using ajax to call a backend php script that sorts 10,000 records which are then sent back to the web page to replace existing unsorted data.

The problem that I have is that as soon is as the sorting starts (ie the php script is running) there is a significant delay and the other controls seem to freeze up. The page has no choice but to wait.

I cannot display correctly an animated gif since this stops running when ajax fetches the data ...

For small data sets there is no issue.

Is there any way around this ?

regards,

Steven M

Hi,

I have looked at client side sorting which offers many possibilities but our architecture uses ajax / php so there must be a backend component,

Steven Matthews

If you use ajax then you already have client-side javascript - why not sort clientside with javascript?

By the way, I notice that you have asked over 40 questions, but haven't yet marked any of the answers as valuable. If you haven't had any good answers read faq222-2244 to see how to ask better questions. If you have, then read faq222-2244 to see how to acknowledge them.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back