Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AJAX Calendar Control not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

adknbvi

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
US
Hello,

My client just received a new Win7/64-bit laptop with IE8. She moved from WinXP and IE8.

I support an ASP.NET-based web application that she runs via IE.

On the old laptop, everything ran successfully. On the new laptop, she is having trouble with the calendar controls.

• She clicks on the calendar icon, and the calendar control pops up successfully
• She clicks a date and it does NOT populate the associated text box
• She closes the calendar control, then re-opens it immediately
• She clicks on the same date as the first time, but now it successfully populates the associated text box

I cannot reproduce this problem on *my* Win7/64-bit laptop with IE8, but mine was imaged by my employer rather than hers.

I don't really even know where to start. Are there IE settings I should be looking at? We tried "Compatibility Mode" and that did not help.

Any thoughts to push us in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
Valerie

I've found IE8 has some real quirks when it comes to web applications. Have you tried setting the browser to Compatibility Mode and run the app?

Mark

"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back