Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX4.3.3 LTO tape Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsra

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
We deleted 2 tape drives on an AIX 4.3.3 machine that is running Legato Networker with ACSLS. We have been unsuccsessful in recreating them. In the past all I have had to do is run cfgmgr -vl fchanX and I was able to have cfgmgr create them. This is not working. The staff member that did this deleted the tape drive in smitty so all the clean up should have been done. We need to be able to create these but in AIX 4.3.3 there is no FCP option and these are fiber channel drives so any suggestions? The drives are seen by ACSLS and presented to the host.

what's the output of the following:

lsdev -C | grep rmt

odmget -q "name like rmt?" CuDv

odmget -q "name like rmt?" CuAt

Regards,
Khalid

see if you have the Atape drivers installed:

lslpp -l |grep Atape

Yes we do here is the output.

root@nhqsncc2:/> lslpp -l |grep Atape
Atape.driver 7.1.5.0 COMMITTED IBM AIX Enhanced Tape and
root@nhqsncc2:/>

I would also like to add that we have 6 other drives that are working fine but we are not able to install these 2 after there were deleted through smitty. I appreiciate all the assistance.

are the other drives of the same type? are they being accessed through the same HBA?

is there anything different between the ones you can access and the ones you cannot?

what's the connection between your host and the ACSLS ?

These are the same drives and were working for a couple of years now. We had someone delete them in smitty and now can not reconfigure them. The drives are all LTO's and they are FCP (Fiber Attached) and the HBA that the drives are connected to is still able to communicate with the other drives connected to that HBA. Thanks again for all the responses.

cfgmgr -vl fchanX ???

cfgmgr -vl fcX
or
cfgmgr -vl fscsiX
or just plain
cfgmgr -v (-v is optional)

I believe...

HTH,

p5wizard

Got this fixed and forgot to post the fix. We had a reboot that had to be done and the drives were magically there. No ideas as to how we could fix it with out the reboot but the reboot did it.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back