Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX Patch Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithawte

Technical User
Mar 25, 2011
US
Hello, I'm looking for a way to validate that the patch I downloaded is correct and has not been tampered with. Is there such a thing as a signed AIX patch like Red Hat does with gpg keys?
If not how would one verify that the patch one has is complete and untampered as the OS Vendor intended?
The closest I can find is:

installp -v

-v
Verifies that all installed files in the fileset have the correct checksum value after the installation. Installed files are always
verified for correct file size after installation. Use this flag after network or remote device installations. If any errors are
reported, it might be necessary to install the software product again. Post-installation requisite consistency checks are also started
by this flag.

Each patch has it's own bulletin and SHA1 in it for the files and you can verify the SHA1 manually.

If a vendor tool exist can you point me to an example?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back