Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX LV's using two Symmetrices

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3funct

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
US
I work at a very large healthcare organization, we currently have three 8530 Symmetrices. We are in the process of consolidating the storage on one server from using two Symms down to using only one, but in order to do that I need to know how many Gb of storage each individual LV is using from the hdiskpower devices assigned to the volume groups.
For example I have a volume group called db02 and a logical volume called u12lv, and a filesystem called /u12 which uses 13 hdiskpower devices (Symm Logical Devices) on Symm#2 and 3 hdiskpower devices on Symm#1. Also in db02 are the u27lv and u28lv logical volumes as well as on log logical volume. I need to know how much (in Gb) storage each of the LV's is using individually. How can I do that using either symcli or whatever other commands, I also have ECC/OE and ESN manager, or AIX LVM commands. Can it be scripted? Thanks for the help. An infinite number of monkey typing at an infinite number of keyboards will eventually populate the internet.

Are these LV's defined as file systems? If so just issue a df command on the AIX box to get the space? I am missing something here?

You could also ise lslv to list how many partitions are used by each lv, if you need help with the LVM coomands try using the smitty fetaure of AIX....

ed

Ed Skolnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back