Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX dump file

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherene

MIS
Sep 23, 2003
MY
I have AIX4.3.3 on sp node which occasionally will hang and need to find out the root cause. To further analyize using dump file, will the system produce a dump file when the systems hang? and how?As far as I know the system will only produce dump file during system panic (system reboot). Appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

when the system is hanging, most of the time you may notice the errlog getting triggered and there will be hint when u look at the errpt. But still hanging could be of several reasons. Until u find the reason why it is hanging, it is unpredictable.

Most of the network is the main cause for system hanging. so why dont you check your network settings and the adapters.

when the system is hanging, most of the time you may notice the errlog getting triggered and there will be hint when u look at the errpt. But still hanging could be of several reasons. Until u find the reason why it is hanging, it is unpredictable.

Most of the time network is the main cause for system hanging. so why dont you check your network settings and the adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back