Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 5.X Print Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbernsca

MIS
Jan 10, 2008
CA
Hi There,

I would like to know if anyone knows how to keep up a print queue. I have added the -T60 flag to the rembak line in the qconfig file but it does not seem to serve my purpose.

Basically if a remote print queue goes down because the printer is unavailiable (let's say a user unpluggeds the printer) I would like AIX to auto check the queues and retry to bring them up on its own.

Any tips?

Thx.

In the past I've just scripted this and run it from crontab

#/bin/ksh
# Script to restart DOWN print queues

enq -As | grep "DOWN" | cut -f 1 -d " " | while read ln
do
enable $ln > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
done

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Hmm .. that is great. My only concern is if the printer is unplugged or removed will the while loop continuously try and spend time on trying to bring up a printer that does not exist .. but this is a great start .. thx!!!!

If the printer is unplugged then the command to enable the printer will time out after some trails! so no worries!

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back