Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 5.2 and Oracle 9i (.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2002
US
Does anyone know where I could find info to see if these
two play nice together?

Having some network slowdown issues / system issues and
trying to find if they are certified, if there are any
fix packs for either one, etc.

Thank you,

-Astrotrain

Your best bet is to check Oracle's Metalink site ( To access Metalink you need to register with your Oracle CSI number.

The support matrix shows 9.2 is certified on AIX 5.2 in 64-bit mode.

Astro, please contact me ASAP.... We are seeing similar issues with AIX 5.2 and ORA 9.2. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have a customer that is running AIX 5.2 and Oracle RAC 9.3, in the beginning this environment had some problems thar we had to apply patchs for ORacle and AIX (PTFs) but now it is stable. The platform is a p690 with 24 1,1 GHz cpus and 32 Gbytes of Memory and two M80 with 8 750MHz cpus and 8 Gbytes of memory.

Regards,

Okano

Thanks for the response Mokano.... Any idea what issues your customer encountered? What we are seeing is an issue with far away (WAN) connections. Everyone in the building is getting great response times, the client however is not. The box is a P690 with 32 GB of Ram and 8 1.1 GHZ processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back