Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aix 4.3.2 driver devices.pci.5d104853

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuksas2000

Technical User
Sep 15, 2011
IT
Hi all,
i have an old PowerPC System with AIX 4.3.2 installed.
I changed graphical card and now the cfgmgr output is

cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for
device support but are not currently installed.
devices.pci.5d104853

I haven't media CD! Where can i find this driver??
Is there someone can help me??

The odds are that the driver for this card doesn't exist. AIX examines the cards and generates the device driver package name from the id returned by the adapter - so it will generate a fileset name whether the fileset ever existed on media or not. You need to find a supported graphics adapter - ie one for which AIX provides a device driver.

Thanks...so, if i must search for chipset on card and try to find correct drivers?
Is there a repository on internet where i can download/search for aix 4.3.2 drivers??

The only place I can think of that might be of any help (even that's a longshot) is:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/aix/fixes/

Regards,
Chuck

IBM still has the AIX 4.3.3 ML11 in a tar available for download. Other than that, you will have to find someone who has the media like we do at my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back