Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AIX 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCow

MIS
Nov 2, 1998
US
Hello,

I have a customer with a 2 node HACMP cluster consisting
of 2 7025-F50s attached to a 7135-210 Raidiant subsystem.
I have to upgrade from AIX 4.2.1 and HACMP 4.2.1 to AIX 4.3.3 and HACMP 4.4. I went to an HACMP Workshop at Availant in Cambridge and went through all the steps to do the upgrade. The biggest concern I have is that after doing a migration install to 4.3.3 I was told that I can't go back and do a 4.2.1 mksysb restore if something goes terribly awry. I have a 7043-140 here and I tried it. I installed 4.2.1, upgraded to AIX 4.3.3 with ML 9 and tried to go back to my mksysb from 4.2.1 and it failed. I remember vaguely something about AIX 4.3 writing something out differently. Is there any way around this? I'm quite concerned about having no fall back option. Thank you for any help!

Tom

File system internals on AIX 4.3.3 is different. Until 4.2 all i-nodes were written at start of filesystem, now there are dispersed in groups, spearated (each) by AGsize.
I hope it works...
Unix was made by and for smart people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back