Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AirWatch Secure Email Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2003
US
Has anyone out there used this product? I am wondering what are the pros and cons to using it over Powershell Integration. Thanks

The on-premise installation of the AirWatch Secure Email Gateway acts as a proxy between devices and email infrastructure. The PowerShell model integrates with email infrastructure using Windows PowerShell APIs and secure cloud integration via AirWatch Enterprise Integration Service (EIS). Both feature the ability to:
•Configure email over-the-air
•Block unmanaged devices
•Discover existing unmanaged devices
•Require device encryption
•Prevent compromised devices
•Block mail client, user, device model or OS
•Integrate or revoke certificates (Exchange 2003/2007 for SEG and Exchange 2010 for EIS)

Differences
Proxy
•Proxy email traffic through AirWatch Secure Email Gateway (SEG) server
•Deploy scalable, highly available and redundant server architecture
•Support Exchange 2007 and 2003, Lotus Domino with Lotus Notes, Novell Groupwise 8.0 (with EAS), any other EAS infrastructure

PowerShell
•Native AirWatch integration for email access control
•Leverage existing email environments (no gateway)
•Support Exchange 2010, Office 365/BPOS infrastructures

Let me know if that is helpful or if I can point you toward any additional information or an internal resource at AirWatch.

Thank you!!!!

I am sorry it took so long for me to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back