Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AirPrint in an "Enterprise" network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterRacker

Oct 13, 1999
US
What solutions have anyone come up with for printing at work from iDevices? AirPrint cannot reach across subnets. Are people allowing iDevices on their AD LAN? In our case we're allowing iStuff on our guest wireless for Internet access, but that network is completely separated from our secured LAN. The secured wireless is on our normal LAN and uses RADIUS for machine and user authentication. The printers are of course on this LAN. We are a complete Windows shop except for iPhones/iPads which have not been supported as an "on-network" device. Unfortunately we're getting pressure to provide a printing solution.

I've been looking at the Lantronix xPrintServerbut even that requires allowing multi-cast between networks. Wouldn't that open a huge hole into my secured LAN?

Are people allowing iDevices on their secure networks? Doesn't that open my LAN up to non-work machines getting in via simple username/password?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back