Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air CArd and local network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bignewbie

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
PH
Hi,

i was wondering if this is possible. I am connected to our office network and can browse the internet using our proxy. There was an instance where in order to test our website, I have to use an external internet connection. I have an aircard and tried to use it. Please note that i have 3 browsers, IE, Firefox and Netscape. Proxy settings of IE and firefox are set to our local network's proxy server. I want netscape to use my aircard's connection. I think i missed something out for when i plugged in my aircard, all three browsers as using the aircard's internet connection instead of our local network's. for some reason, even MS Communicator and my Outlook lost connection to my local network and are also using my aircard's connection.

Is there a way where i can isolate certain applications to use my aircard's connection, while still connected to my office's local network?

Thanks,

biggie

The Man of Tomorrow is forged by his battles today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back