Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ahhh!!! Is it impossible to remove that background template stuff?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybo

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
I have a document that I received from a Russian colleague, and it has a dull grey border/template that I can't touch. I've tried everything (but the right thing) to remove it, but just can't modify it. I've tried cutting or copying the page, but it takes the border with it. Any ideas? I'm desperate, because I need to use the information from the pages, and it would be very difficult to re-create.

Thanks!

Have you tried re-formatting the various 'Border', Page Border' and 'Shading'options, including those available from the 'Apply to' drop-down box? How about style formats and settings in Headers & Footers? Another possibility is that the shading is controlled by drawing objects sitting behind the text.

Depending on your desperation level, you could try copying the text and pasting it into a new document via Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted Text.

Cheers

Hi,
Assuming this is a Word document, it may be a page border. Go to Format | Borders and Shading | Page Border TAB. At the bottom of the window, click on arrow in Art and select None.

If that doesn't work, copy everything except the last text character of the document and paste it into a new document. Since Microsoft is a paragraph-based formatting program, copying everything but the last paragraph symbol usually leaves the document formatting behind.

HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Okay, it was in a header and footer - but who would have thought as it went up the side of the document?! It was somewhat of a pain to remove all the contents in the header/footers. It would have been nice to be able to just turn off headers, footers. But THANKS SO MUCH for the help, it would have taken me a long time to figure it out.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back