Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AGP reading as PCI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

garthi

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
The problems just keep coming with my win2k install. Now that my IDE problem with VIA is fixed... well, Win2k says that my video card is running on a PCI slot. The nVidia information states it is an AGP card, but windows "devices" states it as PCI. Now, DirectX can run anything I throw at it without flaw, but when I try to run Unreal Tournament (with patch 4.36) it is way way way choppy. What is there to do, or should I not be worried and assume it is just Unreal Tournament?

Have you installed the latest drivers for your mobo? ...including the AGP ones?

If yes, have you installed a service pack since you did it? If yes, install them again.

If that fails, remove the card in Device Manager, then reboot and see what happens when it's redetected.

There may be a switch in your bios that tells the computer where the video is coming from, PCI or AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back