Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aging images!!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacelyn

Programmer
Feb 1, 2001
SG
What is the correct method in implementing a photograph of a face look older and older?

do you want to make the photo look older or the person!!??

i want to make the face in the photograph look older, not the photograph.

thanx!!!

There is no set method for aging a photograph. One easy method of giving the appearance of a very old photo is sepia toning - there is an action included with 5.5 that does exactly this. If you dont want the sepia effect you should still considering playing around with the saturation of the image - an old photo will fade, there may even be a colour shift as dyes fade at different rates. Select the layer and add a new hue/saturation adjustment layer (top left drop down menu on layers palette). You can then drop down the saturation to an appropriate level.

You can add extra suggestions of aging by other filters, for example filters > artistic > plastic wrap will give a bubbling effect like the top layer of the photo is peeling in some way. Also try lightening certain parts of the image to give the impression of spot fading.

Also look at some old photos to see how they have aged, this will give you some ideas.

There are heaps of other things you could do - best to experiment. If you find a good way of doing it don't forget to tell us!!

Good luck :)

basically i am now dealing with black and white image!
not colour one.
any more better ideas.
but thanx anyway
i will try out your help

No, if you read the post the sepia tone was ONE method, playing with the saturation will NOT mean a black and white image - just a less intensely coloured one. And applying filters to 'damage' the surface of the image will also leave colour in the image.

All the posts are about making photo look older you said you want to age the face. There is no automatic way to do this, Photoshop is an amazing tool but some good old fashioned retouching skills are still required. You could go in using the burn and dodge and paintbrush tools and create wrinkes on the persons face (Harsh lighting can make people look older if you can reshoot some photos)
Hope this helps.

sorry about that - i read it the other way around!

Well! Thanx everyone that have helped mi.
But the outcome of the images aren't naturally.
Im still trying my best.
Basically, i am now using the brush and the smudge tool.
some sharpening and using the median.
i feel that burn make the face look black.
But thanx for all your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back