Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aggregate function on text

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenche0820

Programmer
Aug 7, 2003
CA
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to design a query that can perform an aggregate function on text (compressing records into a comma-delimited list).

I currently have a database with tables for lighting, sound, props, etc. (see
What I'd like to do is have a query that summarizes the lighting cues, sound cues, props, etc. that exist for each scene.
(see Does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks very much for your time.

Kenneth Cheung

Please post what you want the output to look like and provide a few records from the tables.

As JonFer suggests, typing or pasting a few records and the desired output would really help. If I understand correctly, you can concatenate multiple child records using a generic function. There is a sample of this function and how to use it at Look for Generic Function to Concatenate...

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

That generic function was exactly what I needed. Thanks very much for your prompt reply and valuable advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back