Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agere D-11561#/a1a Caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

la1impala

Technical User
Dec 27, 2006
US
The Agere modem is a SOFT MODEM with the SV92PL-T00 chip set. I have read that this type of modem can use type 1 caller id by using the +PCW=0 in the modem commands. I have some caller id software , just need to know about the command. Do i enter in the command in system/ hardware/ devices/ modem props wher it says something like 'extra commands" Once it is enter will it stay ther after a reboot.

Can not see how to edit this thread so what i wanted to say was that i have caller id service and the devices, just would like to beable to use my pc instead of running to the device to see who is calling me.

You need to make the change in Control Panel -> Phone and Modem Options on the Modems Tab. Press the Properties button and select the Advanced tab. In Extra initialization commands you should be able to put +PCW=0 in the text box and that should happen every time that TAPI is used to open the serial port.

I'm not certain that this is all that you need to be doing.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back