Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agents getting stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drue

Programmer
Dec 8, 2005
US
Has anyone seen an issue involving genesys and the nortel where an agent answers a call then hangs up then they cannot answer another call because the phone is stuck in the genesys CALL CONSULT etc this used to happen periodicly now it is happening alot

I worked with Genesys and had the same issues occur. We had an application called Test Phone that I think we acquired from Genesys. When a phone would get stuck in ringing or dialing ect, we would use the application to register the DN/Agent ID, to see what state the device was in and, and then release it with the test phone. This would clear the trouble. Lots of issues though between the Meridian and Genesys!

We had a lot of issues from calls getting stuck and we wore our support phones out clearing DN's. We moved earlier this year to 4.5 on the PBX and Nortel loaded a ton of patches and we rarely ever see this anymore. If you upgrade to Tserver 7.2 and check the patches in the switch you will most likely stop this issue from occuring.

Do you happen to remember what the Nortel software level and genesys level was before the upgrades
My PBX is at 3.0

My PBX was at 3.0 and I am thinking Tserver was at rls 6.2??

You wouldnt happen to have a list of the patches nortel needed to load would you

I don't. I dealt with Genesys at my previous job, so all my info went by the wayside. Sorry Drue! Do you have a TAM with Genesys? If so, they should be able to provide the patch info for you.

Thanks alot I appreciate it

SIII on Nortel and Genesys Tserver 7.0 still has many issue with stuck in dialing, call consult etc..

Another site with 7.2 and SIII has same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back