Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AgentID monitoring in an Avaya CT environement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

manueljuin

Technical User
Mar 26, 2007
GB
Hi everybody,

Well, I'm stuck and the Nice support didnt't enough help.

In an Avaya CT 1.3 integration, I need to identify my ROD users with AgentID (it works with Extension but that's a free setting call center) but when adding such ACD object in the "nicecti" group, I have trouble in the Avaya_CT windows & logs on the Nice Perform 2 server:
"CMonitor::GetDeviceType - Failed to get device type for device xxxx 4 times".

I only can add VDN (ACD), Extension (PHONE) to the "nicecti" group" without errors!

Have you such a trouble and if not, how can I fix it?

I read that I have to add Hunt Extension Group as ACD to the "nicecti" group but is that enough to get the information that such an Agent (through his AgentID defined in Nice Perform 2 Users) is connected.
I mean, will the Avaya CT link get all the information it needs?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Manuel

In addition:

I added the Hunt Group (also called Skills) extension numbers in the "nicecti" group but the error is still the same:
"CMonitor::GetDeviceType - Failed to get device type for device xxxx 4 times"

Help, please ;)

All you need to do is add extension/station Id's and the ACD VDN numbers.

You require the ACD number in order to get Agent Login/Logout events. Everything else is done by extension number.

You do not need to add Agent ID numbers.

Hi,

First, thanks for your help because Nice support did not!

Well, I've already add station & vdn numbers in the "nicecti" group but I did not get any Agent Login/Logout events (that's why I thought something missing in the "nicecti" group).

I've put the right AgentId on the ROD desktop and in the agent details of the Nice Perform users administrator window. Everything sounds right for me!

But I only get Agent_ID=-1 each time (see below) I logged in and I don't know how to fix it; if it's a business data mapping to add or something like that (even if I don't think so!)

Is that a step I did not understand/forget when you're writing "you require the ACD number in order to get Agent Login/Logout events"?

27/03/2007 10:39:04.328 INFO [10748]: Start Call Station: 8723, Switch ID: 1, CompoundID: 100040025, Direction: I, Event Time: 1174984744, InitiatorType: 0, call ID: 10878, CallIndex: 250, Phone Num: 149758620, DNIS: 3206, Trunk Grp: 2, Trunk: 4, Call Events: 384, Opt7: 12345108781174991909, (CoreLog.WriteLog1)
27/03/2007 10:39:04.328 INFO [10748]: CALLSRVR: AgentMngr - look for OS Login for Agent -1 Station = 8723, SwitchID = 1 (LogWriter.LOGWrite2OldLog)
27/03/2007 10:39:04.328 INFO [10748]: SELECTOR: Recieved a call for decision: Agent_ID=-1, Extension=8723, Switch_ID=1, Direction=0, Dnis=3206, Dialed_Num=, CLI=149758620
No Program should record this call. (CoreLog.WriteLog1)

Many thanks for your help... and don't forget you'll be welcome in October for the Rugby World Cup; my best parties were in London in a Kiwis & Aussies Pub called "The Walkabout"... cheers mate ;)

In addition:

In the Avaya TS Spy tool, there is no Agent Login/Logout events with AgentID, only events about deviceID xxxx (station/extension) I've added the "nicecti" group!

(The TS Spy tool displays all the events
that were reported by the Avaya CT/AES TSAPI server)

Hi,

It works.
I get the right hunt group extension number and add them without ant problem.

Regards,
Manuel

Just to be clear in user administrator you've configured your user as a free seating user with an agent id?

I assume from your message you have created a nice security database in Avaya CT. In Avaya CT ensure all devices are in your monitored list.

All ensure the ACD numbers you have added are the VDN numbers attached to the skill groups the agents log into: i.e. Agent ID is attached to a skill group which is attached to a VDN, add this VDN to your monitored devices.

If you can just clarify these points, from what you have said I am sure this is what you have done. You will need to restart the interactions server each time you make changes to the Avaya CT devices database.

No offense Kiwi, I know you are a valued poster in this thread but you are providing misleading information. VDN is different from ACD Hunt Group Extension. VDN is the Virtual Directory Number and it is only needed in the device group if you want to setup recording schedules based on the VDN that the call is coming in on. The ACD Hunt Group Extension is what is required for login/logout events.

This can be obtained in a number of ways on the switch. Easiest is to enter the command "disp hu xx" (where xx is the hunt group/skill number). It that screen you can pull the Hunt Group extension number that will need to be added to the nice device group.

I think you meant the right thing but your terminology was off which could send somebody in the wrong direction.

Just wanted to clear that up.

TISHIMSELF IS right you need to add extensions,vdn and hunt groups in the nicecti geoup

Thanks to everybody.
You helped me to fix this nightmare... but I have another one on another thread :(

Tishimself, thanks for setting me right and even better that you can provide the exact Avaya commands, it's that sort of information that is really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back