Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

agent unix error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariat

Technical User
May 5, 2000
US
My backup for an unix system (SCO v 504) &quot;suddenly&quot; stop to work. The unix agent was down, everytime that I try to run it I get this message error:<br>unable to get host address for merlin<br>NRLInit:net/service address not found for merlin/grfs<br>FindAdvertisementReceivers: failed<br>/etc/bkupexec/agent.be: Communication system failure:NRL initialization failed.<br><br><br>In /etc/hosts I have:<br>0.0.0.1&nbsp;&nbsp;merlin.nuphase.com&nbsp;&nbsp;merlin<br>In /etc/bkupexec/agent.cfg I have:<br>TELL MERLIN<br>In my windows NT machine (Ah...this is merlin) If I do:<br>&quot;hostname&quot; command i get&nbsp;&nbsp;-&gt; merlin<br>&quot;ifconfig.exe&quot; I get&nbsp;&nbsp;-&gt; 0.0.0.1<br>I was reading in Veritas support about it and I change everything to lower case (In /etc/bkupexec/agent.cfg -&gt; TELL merlin , but before was working fine!!!!!, anyway) , I ping 0.0.0.1 and I get answer from merlin machine....but still I get the same message error...<br><br>Any help will be apreciate....Thanks<br><br><br>PS: 0.0.0.1 is a hypotetic ip address....<br>Backup exec 7.2 Multiserver edition<br>Unix agent v5.023 (I downloaded from the wep page)<br>Merlin has windows NT server v4sp4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back