Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
We want Agents to be a Priority 1 for all calls to a queue. If any agent is available, they get the call, if all agents are busy, only then present the call to a supervisor, if all agents and supervisors are busy, then present to a manager. How do we do this?
Agent Pri 1
Supervisor Pri 2
Managers Pri 3

Can we set priority at on the Agents tab in YourSite? I see COS and COR, but don't think that's what I want, nor do I understand how Class of Service/Class of Restriction works here as opposed to MiVB Service Details tab in Users and Service Config, which I do understand.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

COS/COR doesn't come into play here. You'd need to set up the supervisors and managers in a separate Agent Skill Group, and assign those as the overflow groups for the queue, with the agents as the Primary Agent Skill Group ID for the queue.

So for queue 5555, set up 3 Agent Skill Groups: 1001 (agents), 1002 (supervisors), 1003 (managers). In the ACD Path settings for Queue 5555, assign 1001 as the Primary Agent Skill Group, 1002 as Overflow 1 Agent Skill Group, and 1003 as Overflow 2 Agent Skill Group. There's also timers that can be set for each overflow level, so you could have callers wait for a Primary agent for a designated time before overflowing to the Supervisor group, and set another timer to control overflow from the Supervisors to the Manager group.

Additionally, you can set skill levels for the agents within the Agent Skill Groups to give specific agents priority within each Agent Skill Group.

Thanks, I just found that I can turn on Skill Level in Agent Groups in YourSite. Is that the same as the ACD Agent Skill Groups in MiVB? If I set in MiVB, does that synch in YourSite and if I set in YourSite, does that automatically synch back to MiVB?

Seems like that's the easier way to do it, versus setting up overflow Skill Groups.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Agent Groups in YourSite translates to Agent Skill Groups in MiVB. YourSite can be set to synch changes to the MiVB, depending on how Synchronization -> Telephone System -> Settings in set in YourSite; it has to be set for "Read/Write" to write changes back to the MiVB.

If you only want the supervisors and managers to get calls if the primary group is busy, you probably should set them up in a separate Agent Group rather than just using skill level within a single agent group; I don't think a difference in skill level alone will be enough to do what you want.

skill levels should work

lower skill level = Higher priority
we avoid using 1 and normally use 10 as highest priority
set some agents as skill level 10
set others as skill level 20
set supervisor(s) as skill level 50

when calls get to the queue , they try and delivery to the primary skill group
when that's checked it tries and delivers to the lowest skill level first
so any skill level 10 agents would get the call (if they are available)
then it would send to skill level 20 agents (if they are available)
then it would send to skill level 50 supervisors (if they are available)

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks, we're testing this Wednesday. I'll report back.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

I set some at 10 some at 20 and some at 30 and it seems to be working the way we want.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

You can also use overflow or interflow to ensure that the caller waits a limited time for an agent to become free before advancing to the supervisor.

You simply have 2 agent skill groups that have exactly the same agents in them but the second one also includes the supervisor or just the supervisor if you want to track the qty of supervisor calls.

It can complicate some of the reporting though, especially if you use interflow.

I always had a phantom agent group that I could assign to flows where I wanted a peg count for calls like right routing or routing to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back