Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent priority, trunk usage and monitoring agents? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orie

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
Definity G3csi ECS Release 7.

Three quick questions for you gurus out there!

1. Agent priority. Is it possible to set an agent to have a high priority in one skill group and a low priority in another? Thus, if both queues have people in them, they will take a call from their high priority skill group.

2. Is there any easy way to monitor my trunk usage, and/or be alerted when a threshold has been reached?

3. What do I assign to a button on a phone to allow a call center manager to listen to calls? I have the permissions set.

Thanks all, have a great weekend.

-Elliott

Elliot,

Answering yout first question: if you have Expert Agent Selection on your Definity (Call Center Elite) you can give Agent-Login ID's skills and skill levels. The skill level tells the Definity to route calls to an agent with different priorities. There's much and much more to it, but this is a basic.

2. In DSA / ASA the functions 'Monitor Trunks' & 'Trunk Ananlyser' give you info on your trunks. Also the list measurements commands can report some stuff. For more sophisticated reports, one should buy BCMS or CMS. Try the command-string list bcms trunk time/day and see what you get.

3. Service observing can be activated by a Feature Access Code or by the button serv-obsrv on a phoneset.

Good luck. Questions? Shoot! Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

With Service observing, make sure the station that is to be doing the service observing has the Cor set right. Their COR should read Can be a Service Observer-Y and the extensions you want to monitor have to have their CORs set to read Can be Serviced Observed-Y

-Jay

Okay, So I would go into change bcms login and set up their skill levels there? And the call would be routed based on what is their highest matching priority?

Thanks!

-Elliott

If your Definity has Call Center Elite activated (with Expert Agent selection), skills can be administered per agent-loginID (no BCMS involved). If your Definity has Call Center Deluxe (ACD) You can only administer BCMS-agents as a reporting functionality. The real 'agents' then are just the stations which should be administered in SPLITS (Hunt-groups) Explaining all this in Detail would take too much time and space, so if you need more info, please be more specific and maybe we can work stuff out via E-mail.

Good luck and let me know.

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let me know if this was of any help-

Excellent, that should be sufficient information for me to get back to inqiring minds. Thanks! I will let you know if we need any assistance other than that.

-Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back