Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent phone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksb101

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
I have had several occurences of this, one of the service desk people try to delete a phone that is an agent phone, typically after the person is termed. Usually when they are termed, they do not worry about logging out, the SD person comes along anf tries to delete the phone and it produces a number that I can not delete. OPS man deletes part of it, but will not complete because the agent still shows logged in. Is there a recovery procedure to remove the extension from the controller and return the number to service? I have tried to manually remove the number from the switch, but I get error messages stating the agent is still logged in.

Any ideas?
Mitel 3300 series, latest major update, using 5330 or 5340 phones.

Thanks

Mark

Tried re-booting the phone that the agent is logged in on?

Do you use a supervisor package?

When I've run into this, I've had to reactivate the phone and log it out manually.

I don't know of any other method.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

The issue is, most of these phones are in our home office and I am not on site, so trying to retrieve the info to rebuild the phone is almost impossible to retrieve. The term process is somewhat lacking here as I find out about terms months after the personnel are gone.

And I do not understand, "Supervisor Package"?

Thanks

In the call centre environment do you use the 6100?

Also, can you confirm that the phones that the agent is loged into are still active?

if you use 6110 with 6115 interactive you can log out the agent via the software, otherwise KWB's suggestion is the only only way. been there done that

I discovered their agent id, I might be able to reconstruct the phone.

Thanks for the help

Do a locate agent from the sys maintence console to see the phone that they are logged into... You can then black the mac field for the phone and register another set against it or use the replace set feature code when registring up the phone then log the agent out...

Cheers

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back