Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Mutliple skill priority management

Status
Not open for further replies.

dose

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
FR
Hi Guys,

Today I have a problem that I couldn't resolve easily, this my configuration/

Agent 8890 skill 1 priority 8
Agent 8900 skill 11 priority 8, skill 1 priority 16

The agent 8900 needs to receive calls from skill 11 in priority and to be in backup for skill 1.

The problem is when there is too many waitings call in queue skill 1, so the agent with doble skill (11,1) will be too busy with calls from skill 1, and potentially some call from skill 11 will be lost.

The problem is that all call arrives first in skill 1 and if they have been identified like a specific request (International request for example) they will be tranfered to skill 11.

So I can't see how I can prioritize the call coming in skill 11 for agent 8900.

I'm using on both skill ead-mia, and the I use on agent the skill-level

If somebody has an idea?

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Here's what I've done in these situations:

Create a new skill (X) and give it to agent 8900 instead of skill 1.

Modify your vector so that calls to skill 1 ALSO queue to the new skill X after a certain period of time or that they queue at a lower priority than skill 1.

This way agent 8900's priority will be calls from skill 8. even if a call from skill 1 has been waiting longer.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

HI SF0751,

I understand what you mean, and I have already thought to this, but my problem is that I can't create a new skill to receive the main call.

Because one skill is dedicated to one out-sourcers, and it will be complicated to affect a new skill to this outsourcers.

All case which are sent to this outsourcers will arrives on skill 1, so if I route to another skill it will change the reports and everythings.

So if you have another idea without the change of the skill?

Thanks a lot !

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Well, you could give the agent two logon ID's; one with skill 1 and skill 16 and another with just skill 16. Give the agent a q-call light and depend on him to login/logout with the appropriate logon ID to handle the calls in skill 1 when they get busy. Or you can have a supervisor add/delete skill 1 via CMS as needed. These methods depend upon the agent and/or the supervisor to monitor the queue and react appropriately.

I think that Contact Center Express gives you a "backup" skill level, which would be perfect for you, but we don't have this so I don't know the specifications.

Susan
"When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." - Oscar Wilde, An Ideal husband, 1893

Hi,

So the problem is that the cal center want to keep one login per agent because they base they paid on the login (they have a tool for that)

The agent works in intensive call center with auto-answer so when they connect on IP Phone from CTI application they turn their login to ready for some hours.

So only one login per agent. The supervisor do not have the right to touch to the skill of the agent. (it's an outsourcers) because we don't allow them to have the right on others agent which depends of another Call center.

Thanks to you.

Any others idea?

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Have you thought about priority levels in the actual call routing vectors.

Queue calls to skill 11 at high priority
Queue calls to skill 1 at medium priority

Calls to skill 11 will always be answered first even if there is a queue on skill 1, it does mean however that you will be morelikely to have abandoned calls against skill 1.

e.g

Call to skill 11 in queue for 3 seconds will be answered before Call to skill 1 in queue for 3 minutes because of the queueing priority in the vector.

You can play with this setting so that you queue to a different priority after a certain period of time such as

queue to skill 1 priority m
wait 30 seconds hearing music
queue to skill 1 priority h

hope that helps

Kind Regards

Craig

Hi,

Just to clarify my explanation:

All calls will goes through one particular VDN:

I.E: VDN 51402, vector 402:

different step to check the open hours and emergency agent and then if no condition are met the calls will be routed to VDN 54402 (vector 406)

So in the vector 406 I have:

queue to skill 4 pri m
wait-time 60 secs hearing ringback
goto step 3 if unconditionally
stop

So in the above call flow I send all call to one skill and I don't want to change that.

Now when the calls arrives in skill 4, the agent ask for the subject of the request, if it is for international request, the agent must click on a CTI button to transfer the call to another VDN.

So the call will arrives in our case on VDN 54498 (vector 418)

So in vector 418 I have:

queue-to skill 41 (international agent skill) pri t
wait-time 120 hearing music
goto step 2 if unconditionally
stop

Now this is the configuration of the agent with the international skill:

SN SL
4 16
41 1

Agent with main skill:
SN SL
4 1

I know that that doesn't change anything when you put a big difference of skill level but it was for test purpose.

So in my case I would like to always prioritize the calls for the agent with International skill for the call which come from the skill 41.

So an International agent will receive calls from Skill 4 and skill 41 how to be sure that the call of skill 41 will be always on top priority for this agent also if the skill 4 is full ??

It's a little bit complicated to do itbecause I don't want to change my routing on vector 406 to send calls to queue 41 if the queue 4 if full. All calls need to be answered from the skill 4 first.

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back