Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Login-ID cannot be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom12

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2008
PH
Hi All,

I tried removing the agent login-id but once I am executing the command it failed and the error message is "Message(s) waiting; please delete message(s) first.

The following procedure are the one I've performed while removing the agent login-id.

1. Login the agent login id then command the "clear amw all "station" where the agent is login but after doing that agent login id still cannot be removed.

Greatly appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction as to how to remove the agent login-id.

Thanks,

Freedom12

are you trying to remove this agent in asa?

if you are log the agent out of any skill sets and the type

remove agent XXX

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Hi montyzummer,

Thank you for your time in reviewing my inquiry. Yes I'm deleting that on ASA. I've already tried performing the command remove agent login-id xxxx but once I hit F3 for enter, I'm not permitted to delete this and there is an error meesage stating "Message(s) waiting; please delete message(s) first". I've tried logging in the agent then performed the command clear amw all from the station number where the agent is currently login. I still encounter the same error after doing the following steps. My CM is currently running 3.1.2. It's kinda weird just removing this agent login id. I'm also using the dadmin account so i think i have no limitations in terms of command and privilege.

Hope you can shed some light with regards to this problem.

Thanks,

Freedom12

If you have as you say done the below

For the phones with messages waiting, type "clear amw all (station number)"

For the other, type "list usage extension (station number)". Once you know where it is used, you can remove it.

Remove the user from audix as im pretty sure it will not allow you to remove a station if the subsciber has a message....rem sub xxxx

also could be related .....do a change meas-selection principal and remove the extension from the list

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Hi montyzummer,

Thank you for your assistance. I find it weird that the agent login-id cannot be remove. Actually I tried looking at other forum and doing the same suggestion as you have like change meas-selection principal but I still encounter the same error. My option now is to restart the server but i will need to schedule this on our leanest time of production. My server is S8710 CM 3.1.2. I also checked the uptime and the number of days the server is running is already 474 so I might try shutting it down. I will advise you of the result once I've done the procedure of shutting down the server. I will also check the station or subscriber. Anyways, thank you once again for your assistance, I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Freedom12

Are you running audix?
If you are i would defo go for removing the subscriber before restarting the server

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back