Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent login and individual extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtophones1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
I have help desk technicians sharing a phone (they are in shifts). Thay have both a personal extension as well as an agent login extension. The phone they use is a 6416D+. They are complaining that they want to have both their personal as well as agent extensions on that phone. Since it looks like I can give the phone only one extension (I think), how do I set that up?

Depending on how many button locations you have left you can add their extensions as briged appearances. Run the "ch station" command. Button assignments are on pages 3 and 4 on a 6416D. You want to add "brdg-appr" or "abrdg-appr" depending on the type of phone it is digital vs. analog and the extension you are trying to bridge onto the phone.

We once had a similar situation, and that's what we did. Tech 1 had buttons 1-8 on the left side, Tech 2 had buttons 9-16 on the right side with bridged-appearences for his extension. Used an LED button for VM indication (aut-msg-wt) and had'em use FAC's for their agent login/logout, AUX, etc., so each one had the exact same buttons as the other.

And they still complained, so we put in a second station on that desk within 2 months anyway......

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back