Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent login also sends DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FONEGUY

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
As part of a PCI Compliance intergration we are being asked to automate the activation of the tokenization process . The PCI system is being installed in an "always off" configuration . To take the ownership of the process activation off the agent ( and to meet PCI compliance ) , we have been asked to create a script that will send DTFM tones when an agent logins in . For example , when agent 1234 logins in , the agent will enter 1234# and they will be logged in and ready to accept customer calls . They are asking for Symposium to send #884 to automatically turn on the tokenization process . This PCI ssytem is a vendor provided audio appliance ( a server ) that is connected between the PSTN and the PBX . Unfortunately , the vendor has been less than helpful with this install , their knowledge of anything outside their product is non existant , many times their knowledge of their own product is weak , so we are being asked to assist with this workaround .
Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated . I have suggested that we find another vendor , but that ship sailed long ago ...

There are a lot of missing pieces here. One of the big ones is send #884 to what. If the audio appliance is between the PSTN and the PBX then Symposium has no way to send the digits to it at the point of login (it is not connected to the PSTN until a call arrives). Another big one: is there to be a relationship between the agent and the tokenization, because only sending the "on" code doesn't indicate who it is for, and again the agent isn't connected to the PSTN until the agent receives a call. And of course a biggie would be that a Symposium script is activated by a call, not by an agent event.

There may be a complicated way to automate this involving CTI. I

A lot more information would be needed, including at least the product name and description of the process if the agent was doing it manually (I know the point is to automate, but to automate you need to understand the process you need to automate.

I would expect for any interaction with an Agents Status the Server would need to acquire the set much the same as Voice recording server etc. works. The VR server would use the AACC as a go between to convert its CTI to MLS to talk to the CS1K and acquire a set that has AST configured against it. I would think something similar would be needed, as effort1584 says Agent Login would not give any way using the AACC to output a DTMF code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back