Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent ID's between 0001-9999

Status
Not open for further replies.

prtrost

MIS
Jul 14, 1999
US
Hello All,

CS1000M 7.5.

First I want to thank all the contributors to this site. I started in the telecom industry 3 years ago and I credit this site for helping me to excel.

I am trying to input an agent ID of 0001 on key zero and keep getting a sch07308 and sch0730.
7308: conflicts with an existing larger DN
0730: Conflicts with an existing DN

I don't get it. The Agent ID Lower bound is configured at 0001, the upper is 9999.

What good does an agent ID lower bound of 0001 if we can't use it?

Probably a simple answer but I just can't get my head around it.

Thanks in advance
Paul

You probably have 0 set up for operator access or similar, so the first digit conflict with that.

True, we do, as I'm sure many sites do that as well. Does that negate all the Agent ID's between 0001 and 0999? Why? The system doesn't understand the difference between and agent ID and a DID?

You don't assign agent ID to key 0
key 0 is the acd key which consist of the ACDN, CLID and Position ID (not the same as agent ID)

Position ID take your numbering plan into consideration and must be unique. This number is not dialable or don't burn a DID on it.

Agent ID is what the agent use to login into an ACD Q. Since your lower and upper limit is between 0001 and 9999, an agent can use any number within this range to login. Using BASIC ACD, you can't assign a specific login ID to an agent. You can try, but if you assigned 6689 to agent x and they entered 6698 they're still going to login if 6698 hasn't logged in yet.

Try below:
Key 0 xxxx d yyyy

where=
xxxx - ACD Queue Number
yyyy - Agent ID (0001-9999)

yyyy - Agent ID (0001-9999) <---- WRONG

yyyy = Position ID NOT Agent ID define in ADS or SCB block

xx ACD yyyy (cccc or D) zzz bacd-1
Automatic Call Distribution key bacd-1
Where:
• xx = key number (must be key 0)
• yyyy = ACD DN or Message Center DN