Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent greeting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

esteede

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
NO
Can some one give me some advice on Nortels agent greeting product. I am investigating automating the agent greeting part of each call in advance of delivering it to the agent.

Any advice on advantages and disavantages would be great.

My personal belief is that this is the most moronic device known to man. A card that literally says, hello. I’m just waiting for the card that says good bye and disconnects the line.

Now that I said that, the Agent Greeting Card (AGC) is Symposium aware, in fact, it is even included in the Nortel documentation as part of the Symposium suite. In terms of awareness, the AGC can detect the skillset a call is being deliver to. As a result, an agent can have multiple greetings recorded (one for each skillset). This can almost serve as a whisper. In past Call Centers, we had used the IVR to “whisper” to the agent what kind of call they were about to receive. By using skillset specific greetings via the AGC, the agent can get an audible notification of the type of call.

For example; Suppose you have a bilingual Call Center with two skillsets, Customer Service English and Customer Service Spanish. An agent can record one message in English and one in Spanish. The AGC card in effect answers the call and plays the message. The agent is in effect muted, but they still hear the message that is played to the customer. Thus, the agent now knows to speak to the customer in either English or Spanish.

The card was a bit of a pain to install. Three of our sites went well, three were a pain in the rear. Now that they are up and running, we have pretty much forgotten about them. From an Administrative point of view, they are clunky and not well written (interface). Once we got everything pretty well set up, we trained a reliable person in each area and made them the manager.

Hope this helps.

I would add that the customers that I have installed it for, the agents absolutely love it. It gives them more time to get themselves together in between calls, and they like not having to repeat the same greeting over and over again.

best thing since sliced bread.. jmo.. agents answer the phone "thank you for calling bla bla bla, this is betty" about 400 times a day. after about a year of that no one could understand them if they wanted to. not only does the card answer in there voice but it gives there name and the company name/dept name in a clear voice.. the agent hears the beep in the ear trick, the cust is on the line and having heard the greeting begains to talk... most of the time when i call an acd group i have to have the agent repeat her name so i know who i am talking to.. not only does this card prevent that, it saves agent time.. call time will increase on a per call bases and your callers get better service...

btw, call pilot already has an option that says goodbye and hangs up, that works real well..

but with auto answer had wireless headsets,out agent love that card.. not that hard to setup, that and screen pop on the same group almost doubled our calls per agent per shift at a site i installed at another site.. yes a lot of that was the screen pop but auto answer was the agents favorite toy.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

btw, call pilot already has an option that says goodbye and hangs up, that works real well.. " good one, john! hee hee

Years ago as a telecom manager with a staff of PBX operators, I ended up spending quite a bit of time at the console myself. I agree with you, this is a godsend to those people. Maybe it should be prompted as an employee benefit... [smile2]

that was what surprised me, the agents thought i was a hero.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back