Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent Disappears!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcdd2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2003
BR
I installed the agent of the ePO (3.1.0) in a machine Windows Me via "push" or "RPC" methods, and the agent installs more after some time disappears!!!!

does anybody know about some thing?

It's probaly just the agent icon that disappears. Make sure that in the ePO agent policy, the option to show the agent tray icon is selected.

AVChap
... WARNING: The Surgeon General says to take my advise at your own risk.

I have, I am not that crazy...

the agent, besides only to install after the reboot of the machine, the agent appears just after the installation and doesn't appear more....
the bad of all this is that he doesn't turn the tasks of the ePO

Does anybody know the e-mail of support of the nai?

or anybody jah had that problems with the ePO 3.0?

that can be solved in some hotfix

Hey dingle berry,

You keep saying "doesn't appear" and "disappears", I think AVchap is correct. You are too hung up on seeing that blue icon in the corner (NOT the one for VirusScan).

The 3.1 epoAgent is now married to the Mcafee Framework Service. Check YOUR folder where epo agent is installed (DEFAULT LOCATION = C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework). If that folder is about 4MB in size, then the agent is still there.

I don't use Windows ME, so I'm not sure how you'd check if the service is running, but you can run a "cmdagent.exe /P /E /C" to refresh epo policy settings from the comand line, and then maybe you will start seeing your favorite little (epo) icon in the corner.

Otherwise, run "frminst.exe /forceuninstall" from the command line (found in the epo agent folder) to REMOVE the agent and re-install as desired.

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

Mr. mcse924,

Before beginning I would like to say that my name is Ricardo and I am from Brazil.
I don't have a great knowledge in English (to write) for that I need some clues of a translator. Me also nai know if you wanted to insult me or just to do a game with "dear dingle berry" (because my name is Ricardo).

I work with the ePO from the version 1.1, I am already certified, work in a company with a very strong partnership with Nai and I also have already training of the ePO 3.0 VSE 7.0 and more.....
therefore I am saying that the service doesn't run... the agent doesn't get to execute ASCI and it still stays disconnected in the ePO, besides not forcing any policies.

I was only saying that the icon appears 10 seconds and later it disappears.

I wait for the collaboration of all!!!!

regards,

Ricardo

Ric,

Since I have already offended your delicate sensibilities, let me continue. Here's some more advice:

1) Remove Windows ME, it is garbage. Use Win2k or XP instead, much more stable. Also easier to fix problems such as this one.
2) Lighten up. A sense of humor is vital to a long, happy life. Take a chill pill, dingle berry.

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back