Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agent calls to Ignite/MiCollab

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
We have an agent with a DID who we've also assigned an agent ID.
He's working from home, using Ignite to log into the queue.
We can get calls to ring to him through Ignite/MiCollab, but when he answers, it's a live speakerphone call at his desk in the office, not at his home through the softphone.
We've selected MiCollab in the softphone for that Status.
In Ignite, he's selected MiCollab Softphone for calls.

How do we get it to answer at MiCollab and not his desk?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Make sure the softphone extension is associated with the user/employee in YourSite Explorer. I'm guessing only the deskphone extension is, so when they click to answer in Ignite the call is answered at the only extension it knows about.

Makes sense, so do I associate a Voice Agent, Assigned Extension or both? I'm guessing the Voice Agent will be the generic Agent ID we set up and the Assigned Extension will be the softphone (ex. 26*24)?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Wait, are the agents multi-device users? Unless something has changed, my impression was ACD agents have to be single device/DN hotdesk accounts that can either log in to a deskphone or use a softphone.

Right, and that's our daily challenge. Giving those employees a solution. We have employees who aren't logged into a queue all day long. Some folks just want to make and take calls from their DID. Occasionally, they'll need to log into a queue to help out with volume or when there's a special promotion. Then, they'd like to take calls both from the queue AND their DID.

We haven't found a solid solution for these people and they end up staying logged in all the time, but unavailable burning licenses for the full time call center staff.

We'd love to hear a solution for these people.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

On a desk phone that's possible. You'd program the regular DID extension DN as a secondary line key on the ACD Agent extension. Then when they need to log into a queue, the ACD extension becomes the primary line on the set, but the DID extension still appears and can ring.

When using softphones, that's a little more tricky, since softphones don't have line keys. You might be able to forward the DID extension to the ACD Agent extension, but I'm not 100% sure that would work.

All of that is a distraction from the root issue, which is you need the employee record in MiCC to be associated with the ACD Agent ID, and not the other extension for the user. That way, the Ignite call controls will apply to the ACD Agent extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back