Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

age effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an effect available in Premier Pro 1.5 to make a video look all old and glitchy.

Windows Movie Maker has an "older" effect that can be added to get the effect I'm looking for.

Is there something similar in Premier Pro or even as a plug in that anyone could point me towards?

Thanks in advance.
Ant

Ey up Cant find,

i dont know if this is what yoiu are looking for, but i have a suggestion.

I would go into the effects > Blur / Sharpen > Gaussian Sharpen and set this to the clip.

This should add some grain.

Then go into Effects > Adjust > Channel Mixer and select Monochrome right at the bottom of the open effect.

This should then give you an old Grainy B&W look.

Then depending on how sharp it looks, go into Effects > Blur / Sharpen > Gaussian Blur and set this to a value of about 0.5 to 1.0. This should just topne down the sharpness and make it look like old soft film.

Then you will prob want to go into effects > Adjust > Brigness / Contrast and reduce the contrast a little and play with the brighness until you are happy that your looking at old film.

I hope this works for you, you should find that you can do most anything with the filter in Premier.

Cheers,

Jay

Ey up mate,

hope you find this does the trick, i tried it while i was replying to you and it looks pretty good to me.

If you want to know how to put cracked film like lines or the old burn wholes on, you just have to make them in photoshot and import them into the movie. If you set the image size to tv screen size (cant remember what it is) and save as a psd then you can import a layered file and only use the crakced or bubble bit of the layer.

Put it on the video track above the clip and reduce the opacity so the clip shows through. You can set to show for a few frames, but you are best creating a few different frames to make it look more authentic.

I dont suppose you can answer my Question about importing Duel Aduio can you?

Cheers,

Jay

Thanks very much for that. I'm going to give it a go this week. Hope it works!

Sorry I wouldn't have a clue about the audio question. I really am a n00b!!

Ant

Ha ha,

no probs mate,it seems as though no one does. You must be able to do it as the camera can record it, and Premier can provide infinate tracks for it.

Cheers anyway, i hope the tip works.

Jay

In Premiere 6.5, you have the QuickTime effects, which include a dirty film effect.

Akribie,

does Pro have these effects and if so, where are they?

Cheers,

jay

Sorry. No. Pro does not include QT. But if you have a pre-Pro version available, you can use it to generate these effects and then import them into Pro.

In Pro, the Magic Bullet movie look plug-in was included with version 1.0 as a registration incentive. I can't remember whether it also came with 1.5 or not.

Akrabie,

thanks for that, i will have to have a look and see what plugins it has.

As you can probably tell from the Advice i gave Cantfind, i am a Photoshop user, so its no hassle to custom edit the tracks, but filter / plugins can be fun and time saving.

cheers,

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back