Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Again, newbie at this PBX stuff, got user currently on a 2009 phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2005
US
Again, newbie at this PBX stuff, got user currently on a 2009 phone with TN 6:00 and extension 7381. Want to change her phone over to a 2008 phone. Not to sure on how to get all of that done. Any help would be appreciated, thanks for all the previous help. I was told that I'll have to OUT the users TN first then just copy an existing 2008 phone to that TN. Change names, and 2nd extension #. Kind of scared to out anything at all. Again one time I OUT something it knocked off everybody from the phone system. Just wondering what the easiest way to change her phone from 2009 to 2008. Thanks.

Go to LD 20 or LD 11 and OUT the 2009 and NEW the 2008( just rebuild the 2008 set like the 2009 set). If this is a non display set be sure to use in the CLS cdcd ndd. Otherwise you will not be able to program key 7. The default in CLS is add so key 7 would be a Program key.

If you are worried about it, pick a spare digital TN, plug a 2008 in and program the phone there and test it.

If everything is ok you have two options rejumper the exsisting phone to the new tn or out the 2009 and copy the info from the new tn created.

DFB

out the 2009 and copy the info from the new tn created.
might be better after you build the 2008 to out the 09 and do a mov on the 08

Code:
ld 20
disu x x x x [COLOR=red] disable the 2009[/color]
disu x x x x [COLOR=red] disable the 2008[/color]

mov
x x x x [COLOR=red] from [/color]
x x x x[COLOR=red] to[/color]

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you are saying that the TN is 6:00 and that you have had trouble with the OUT command, I think I might know what the problem is. The TN isn't 6:00!

TN format looks like XX XX XX XX, where the X's are numbers and the spaces are manditory. So a valid TN might be 6 0 0 11. But if you were to use 6 00, you could be OUTing an entire card of phones.

hope that was a type-o 6 0

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

all my tn's end with a date? is that the same as the 6 oclock tn?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yeah the TN is 6 : 00, I was able to get it all outed and just copied another 2008 phone and change the name and key's. Thanks for all the help folks. Now have another problem with the 2008. The buttons are probably program wrong or something. Only the 2 hands free buttons are working. Buttons like conference, speed dial, messages, forward, etc... are not working. You guys know the template for the 2008 phone? Checked all our other 2008 phones and they all have the same problem. Thanks ahead.

Post the TNBs. There is no specific template for an M2008 set. You can put the features where you want (with exception of handsfree key).

here's what we need from you. ld 20 prt dnb, then print the that tnb and post it here... it's a simple fix, but we need to see the code. the model prompt for your switch is almost never used. i've never posted one..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back