Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

again..help for networking the db

Status
Not open for further replies.

RezaNana

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
MY
i have already tried making MDE and splitting the db.But when i try to grab the db.mde files trough the network from my staff pc,again its apears to be a "read-only".tell me what shall i do?? i mean, after splitting the db,what shall i do?i have already put the file_be at the network share..and try to get the mde through my staff pc,and then what shall i do??

have you checked to make sure the file itself isn't read only for some strange reason.

Right click on the file when its on your pc and go to properties and make sure read only is not checked.

yes.i have. in the >Tools >Option > Advance > i have choose to make the db shared instead of exclusive and not read only..but..it still the same.
can you guide me step by step from the beginning on how to make the db editable even when 2 same db are opened at the same time?Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back