Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AfxConnectionAdvise (Dcom over VPN) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bean

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
DE
Who has gain experiences in handling DCOM over VPN. My server is a C++ service on WindowsNT workstation 4.0 SP6; Client C++ application Windows2000 SP2. VPN gateway to the LAN is Linux Freeswan 1.91 (with certificates), the Roadwarrior PGP-VPN NET 7.01. On the server there is a Runas account ' guest ', on the Client exactly the same. On both machines is adjusted: ' guest ' with the rights: logon as batch job and run as service. The connection is established via 56k modem, no logon at the network, no WINS etc.. I had to adjust EnablePMTUBHDetect (True), otherwise I had problems with very large packets.

Well, now:

I have the following problem: every time I start client (Win2k) the method AfxConnectionAdvise() last at least 3 - 4 minutes, but it works at all. Every other method of the interface operates perfectly and reacts within milliseconds. dcomcnfg: Security Access: Everyone and 'Guest'. For test purposes I could use a NULL DACL - but it does not work, yet.

The application should be ok, because: if client and server are in the same LAN subnet, it works great. (Roadwarrior with WINS is not a good idea, if the client disconnects and reconnects than there are 2 or more machines with the same name in the LAN.)

I would be happy for each tip. Thank you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back