Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AfterFX doesn't work!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercle

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
AU
I have AfterFX 6.5 pro and after opening it, i can't import any files at all, i can't open or save any files or really do anything with AfterFX. If i do it will automatically close. WHen i double click anywhere on the screen the program will close as well. I've uninstalled it then installed it then uninstalled it then rebooted then reinstalled again. I've even tried removing other programs but the problem still remains. Does anyone know the cause of this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

Yikes.

I don't know what the problem could be at first glance. It may have been an issue that would have cropped up in AE6.0, but I haven't seen something like this with AE6.5

Please post your system spec.

Guesses:

You are using the application on a machine where you are logged on as a user who doesn't have the ability to WRITE to the hd or folders on it.

The application is missing a specific library that updates when changes to the project are made. (Can you open windows within the application? or just launch it?)

If you move things around in the application, even windows, you're changing the preferences, and may be having a conflict when After Effects is trying to write to a preference file folder.

Make sure that you have a folder for Adobe Application Support.

Installation should create this for you.

It IS possible that you have a bad installation CD and should send an email to Adobe to request a replacement.

1/1,000,000, but it happens. :(

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

I suspect installing Quicktime 7.0 with Itunes is the problem as when i reinstalled Quicktime 6.5 AfterFX works... This poses another problem as itunes 6.0 runs on quicktime 7.0 so it's either itunes or afterfx, not both!
So definitely Quicktime is culprit but solving it is another issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back