Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aftereffects rendering terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

z4thlegion

Technical User
Aug 7, 2004
US
why do the renders that come out of aftereffects so terrible.
Right now im using AE 6.0 and i was testing the rendering of my video out. ive been working on my video project and started messing with some stuff in AE. when i outputted it the quality was terrible. I looked at the original footage and the rendered footage and there was a difference in quality. So then i imported another clip. i didnt touch it at all with any effect of any sort. I stuck it in a composition window and clicked "make movie" then i set the settings to Best, lossless, no frame blending and no motion blur. basically wanted the exact same video to be outputted with the exact same quality as i put in. i rendered it and its still bad. the rendered file was an .avi file. is there something im not setting correctly?

AVI has compression on it.

Also, be sure that your video going in is the same size as the video going out. If you scale your video, or change the field interpretation, you risk rendering poor quality images.

Ko Maruyama
Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back