Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AFTER SAP INSTALLATION UNABLE TO ACQUIRE NETWORK ADDRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap10

Technical User
Sep 2, 2006
US
I INSTALLED SAP IDES 4.7 ON SERVER 2000 AND UPGRADED IT WITH SERVER 2003. ONE MAJOR ISSUE I AM FACING IS THAT I AM NOT ABLE TO INTERNET THROUGH MY WIRELESS ROUTER AND EVEN DIRECTLY MODEM ATTACHED THROUGH ETHERNET CABLE. I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE:
"WINDOWS IS UNABLE TO ACQUIRE A VALID NETWORK ADDRESS FROM YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER. CLICK THIS MESSAGE FOR AN OPTION TO REPAIR YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION"
IN TC/IP PROPERTIES I ALREADY ENABLED MY SYSTEM TO SHARE INTERNET CONNECTION. I HAVE FEELING THIS IS SOMETHING FROM SAP SIDE. ANY HELP WILL BE HIGLY APPRECIATED. IT HAS BEEN 5 DAYS I AM TRYING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Nothing to do with SAP. Windows 2003 has a lot tighter restrictions on networking. I bet you could uninstall SAP and would stil have this issue.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back