Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After removing Norton my hd partitions are still hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

batuta

MIS
Mar 14, 2007
RU
I have a toshiba satelite pro 6100 with a 60GB hd. I wasnt happy with Norton system works and I make the uninstall. Something went wrong and when i reboot appear the autochk error and windows is shuting down,
Autochk program not found
Then after a few seconds, the computer would reboot and again I was presented with the same error. An unendless loop of the computer rebooting with seemingly no way to solve it.
The computer would not boot into Safe Mode, and booting into the Recovery Console with a Windows XP boot disk was no help either.
After doing some research, I found ptedit and I change the type to 07 and I was able to boot. The problem is that from 4 partition that were in my hd what I have now is only 1 the rest do not show. Norton is nowhere to find, but a Symatec folder is still on.
I made 4 partition on my hd, in order to manage my data properly, Partition 1 is for programs, 2 and 3 for data and the 4th mixed. Do you have any Ideea how can I solve my problem, because I do not know how to use ptedit to edit boot
I am not a computer wizard just a normal user, with a problem, and came to this forum to learn and get some help.
And forgive my ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back