Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After patch 24 Button sets have no target appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNSSMIS

MIS
Feb 21, 2007
US
We have a new BCM400 that has problems with automated attendant after hours so nortel recommended a patch.
(the fix did not work)
Now our 24 button phones no longer can see which target line is ringing in. Calls ring in normally but no visul indication. Only 24 button sets are having problems.
We are running 4.0.2.03 with all fix up to date.
You can hit the hold button and go back to the button but no visual indication. CAlls can be transferd, process normally.
All the other types of phones work (M7308, 7310, 7316E).
Any ideas?

Also, can the BCM control the number of inbound calls on the prime to a target?

Duane

No you can not control the incoming calls to a set only by the number of apperances and make the prime the VM dn.
And I guess you rebooted the BCM. If so I would check the rev level. Also move it to another port.

If these are M7324 sets I would start by checking the release of the phones. Some older releases are not supported on the BCM. I beleive anything before Rls 16 is not supported.

Have you tried resetting the power to the CAP modules?

Is this an upgraded BCM or New with 4.0.? I Know I have had a lot of strange issues with upgraded BCM's 3x to 4.0.

One more thing, make sure that it did not lose its CAP programming.

They are developing a patch for the M series phones we have a site with this issue after installing the latest core .122
patch.

Thank you for the replies. the system is brand new out of the box for a month. Everything was working great with all of the phones until the core .122 was installed.
I hear that it also caused problem with call centers at another site.
The release of the M serie 24 button phone os 16 manufactured in 2000/2001.
Nortel is working on it but has not fixed the scheduled night mode or the M series appearance problem yet.
As you said, Nortel knows there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back