Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After moving computer name to another organizational in active directory and java does not work. Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngtri

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
NO
Hello

I have this problem and could not find solution.
I captured Image with Java, Flash Player and Adobe Reader...
I deployed the Image to many clients. Afer awhile Java, Flash Player and Adobe Reader are leased new version.
I pushed the new version of Java, Flash Player and Adobe Reader by using Group Policy Software Installation.
It worked very good. The old version are uninstalled and the new version are installed.

But when I move a computer name to another organizational unit in active directory and ONLY java does not work after restart. Why?

Hope someone can help

Best regards

Tri

This has everything to do with Group Policy. Without knowing what the difference is between the policies applied to the first OU and the policies applied to the second OU, we can't help you much.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Hello
Domain
|---City OU
|---Cliets OU
|---Default (default policies)
|---Service (service + java_service policies)
|---Support (support + java_support policies)
|---Div1 (Div1 + java_Div1 policies)

All java policies have the same roll: just push the new released version, but they have different name
The purpose of java policy i different OU is that if it is something wrong during pushing the new version of java, so only that OU has java trouble after pushing.

When I move one PC from the Service OU to the Support OU, so java does not work.

I hope you understand my problem.

Best regards

Tri

The tree structure does not look good after publishing new reply

The tree should be

Domain
|---City - First OU
|---Cliets - Second OU
|---Default (default policies) - Third OU
|---Service (service + java_service policies) - Third OU
|---Support (support + java_support policies) - Third OU
|---Div1 (Div1 + java_Div1 policies) - Third OU