Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After installing IE55sp2 ras stop working propertly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
Hi fellows,

I've just installed IE5.5sp2 and now, for some add reason, I am not getting the correct DNS and subnet mask. Prior to the install everything worked great. I am using DHCP and when connecting I am getting the wrong subnet mask and no DNS server. I've double checked the DHCP server. Everything looks good. I've reaplied SP6a and still the same?

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't see how that would have anything to do with changing network settings. What is the IP address you are getting from DHCP? It sounds like there may be another issue here. I'm assuming this is NT workstation.

Thanks rgzimmer for your respons. I'd like to think that might be something else but it's not. No changes have been made other then patching the servers for these viruses are spreading around. This is a WINNT4 box setup strictly for Ras only. I was using a dell laptop with win2k fine until this happened.

Perhaps someone has ideas as to where should I concentrate my search. Everything works fine on the local LAN.

Thanks

Okay, I think I am staring to see what is going on. The original post is a little confusing.

You have two machines here. One is the RAS server which is an NT4 server and a laptop running W2k Pro. The Laptop, when connecting, is not getting the correct settings from DHCP after logging into the RAS server.
Did you apply IE5.5 sp2 to the server or the laptop? The original post doesn't say.
When you run ipconfig on the laptop, is the ip address correct, but the subnet bad, or both?
You say you made no changes other than patching for viruses. What patches are you referring to? The ones I know of are for servers running IIS. Did you install Antivirus software?

I just need a little more info to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back