Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AFTER IMPORTING A PDF THE ANNOTATIONS ARE GONE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat2345

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
US
I have winfax pro and adobe pdfwriter 5.0 on my computer. Before I create a pdf file I add annotations to the fax and then create a pdf with the pdfwriter. The annotations appear on the pdf document.

The problem is that when I import the Pdf file into our management software, the annotations are gone!? Is this an embedding issue? Should I be using the distiller instead or it shouldn't make a difference?

Please help. Thank you.

Annotations are part of the PDF, in that they are certainly objects in the PDF file.

However, they aren't part of the Page objects. So various software packages, when importing or interpreting a PDF, may choose to ignore annotations.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Is there any solution to make it part of the page objects or do you have any other suggestions how I can import annotations?

Thanks again.

Nope. Annotations are what they are, PDF files are structured according to a specification, and your "management software" is nothing you or I can change.

The only solution I can think of is to not use annotations, per se, but to actually edit/modify the contents of the page through Acrobat's Text or Object Touch-up tools.

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back