Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Hours Answering Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooop

Technical User
May 12, 2007
US
What is the best way to forward the lines to an after hours answering service? The way i have it now, is the main set is assigned as a DN for the 3 POTS lines. She just forwards it each night. The callers hear a little noise that we don't like.

If i forward it with element manager on the line itself, it sounds great. Just what we need. So how do i forward at the line,and not the set easily? Is there a ringing service setup that could work? I usually set Night ring to VM, never to an outside line. If I setup a ringing group and assign a single set, it would still give them that noise?
Thoughts?
Thanks

Feature 84 is line redirect from the handset instructions below

Setup of the Redirection destination:
Redirection can be setup on a permanent basis by setting the relevant Target Line’s ‘Redirect To’ number to the number to forward the call to. It must include the access code ‘9’ (where used). This allows a System Manager to divert incoming calls on any incoming DDI number to any external number.

Alternatively it can be controlled from a handset on a temporary basis as follows:
Ensure the set’s ‘Allow Redirect’ is enabled in system programming (see above)
Ensure the relevant Target Line is programmed on a line appearance key on the handset (ie. add a line association for the target line set to ‘Appear Only’)
Then:
a) From the handset key in Feature 84
b) The handset displays ‘Select Line Out’
c) Press Intercom
d) Key in external number including access code ‘9’ (where used)
e) Press OK to confirm (or Hold where OK cannot not displayed)
f) The handset displays ‘Select Line(s)’
g) Press the key programmed with the Target Line
h) Press OK to confirm (or Hold where OK cannot not displayed)

The redirection status can be checked by dialling ‘Feature *0’ followed pressing the Target line key and then pressing Show. This will either display ‘not redirected’ or ‘Redir by xxx’, the extension which set up the redirection.

Note: Line Redirection does not work when both the incoming and outgoing lines are Analogue

Note: Feature 84 is not supported on model 7000, 7100 and 2001 handsets

My lines are all analog

Why am I getting 3 short beeps when i have a set redirected to an outside line?

OK, this is unrelaed to the forwarding. My real issue is when I dial 9 for a line, I am hearing 3 short beeps/tones. How can I eliminate that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back