Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

after form load event

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdunfey

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am trying to write a simple little app using vb.net. It has two forms, one is a splash screen the other is the 'application' I call the splashscreen first then use a timer to delay the loading of the second form. The loading of the second form (and timer) is in a sub called LoadSecondForm. I want to call this sub once the first form has been fully loaded and displayed. Load is called before the form is loaded and Activate doesnt seem to work? Can anyone please suggest the event I should use?

Rob

Rob,

I had a similar situation and I had to create a thread in my first form. What I did was in my form1, I declared a form level variable say isLoadComplete and at the end of load event I set that to TRUE. I also created a thread in this form and that thread just kept on checking the value of isLoadComplete and if it is true then start the process you want to do there.

-Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back