Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After Clean Sweep AOL cannot initialize modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruspc

Technical User
Jun 15, 2002
US
I recently installed Norton's System Works 2002 (Pro)on my computer using Win 98SE. After running Clean Sweep and deleting unnecessary files I found AOL could not initialize my modem when I tried to log on. I discovered if I went into Device Manager and "Removed" the modem it would reintall itself on the next bootup via Plug and Play. I was able to logon to AOL as usual. However, after I shut down the computer the same thing happened whereby AOL could not initialize my modem on the next bootup. As it stands I have to remove the modem after each AOL session and have it reinstall on the next bootup to get it to work properly. I did update the driver from the modem website to no avail. I also removed the modem from the MB and put it in a different slot...no help.

Can anyone suggest what is causing this problem?

Thanks,

Rus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back